For information for health professionals, please click here.
For Alert Level information CLICK HERE
Our national vaccine rollout plan sets out the order in which the COVID-19 vaccine will be administered across the country. The plan focuses first on protecting those most at risk from being exposed to COVID-19, reducing the risk of future community cases and lockdowns, and then protecting those most at risk of getting seriously ill if they get the virus. New Zealand will vaccinate in four stages:
1. Border and MIQ workers and households - completed
2. Frontline workers and people living in high-risk settings - until May
3. Priority populations - starting late May
4. General population - starting in July
An online tool to help people understand where they fit into the rollout is available HERE
For more about the Covid19 vaccination sequencing update, CLICK HERE
It is important to remember that any communications about Covid-19 and the vaccine will come only from the Ministry of Health or other trusted sources.
Misinformation, scams and frauds exploiting COVID-19 may arrive in the form of an email, text, phone call or through social media. Trust your source!
Keeping our community safe and healthy is OUR job.
We all have a role to play if we are to be well, stay well, and protect our region from Covid-19. We all know what to do:
1. stay home if you’re unwell and get tested - Call Healthline if you have symptoms 0800 358 5453
2. sign into places using the NZ COVID Tracer app and enable Bluetooth to keep track of where you have been
3. practice good hygiene (includes washing your hands well and often, and coughing into your elbow)
4. regularly clean high touch surfaces
5. wear masks on all public transport
Where to get information
The Ministry of Health website and Covid-19 website are your best source of information, and they are updated daily. There is a Facebook page: @minhealthnz and Twitter channel @minhealthnz to alert people to key updates and messages specifically about coronavirus.