We are at Alert Level 2
Alert Level 2 settings have been strengthened due to Delta. There are several new requirements:
- Everyone aged 12 and over must legally keep a record of where they have been when visiting certain places such as restaurants, cinemas, concerts, churches, and close-contact businesses like hairdressers.
- A limit of 50 people applies for indoor gatherings, hospitality settings and event venues, 100 people for outdoor settings.
- Keep 2 metres apart from people you do not know in public, and places like retail stores, libraries, gyms and museums
- Face coverings are mandatory for everyone aged 12 and over in indoor public facilities like libraries, museums and shopping malls.
- Face coverings are mandatory for customer-facing staff at hospitality venues and public facilities.
For more information on Alert Level 2 requirements, go to Unite Against COVID-19.
Hospital visiting and care at Alert Level 2
Where to receive care
If you need care it is still here. Seek your care just as you normally would but phone first, and keep ED free for emergencies.
Great sources of healthcare information and advice are your medical practice, pharmacy, Healthline 0800 611 116, Covid Healthline 0800 358 5453 and of course, ED or 111 if you need urgent care.
If you need to be tested for Covid-19, find out how HERE
Wairarapa Covid-19 vaccination advice and progress information
“Ko te whānau mō ake tonu, tiakina to hauora mō te oranga o to whānau.”
Family is forever, look after your health for the health of your family.
Jack Te Hau-Nepe
Keeping our community safe and healthy is OUR job.
We all have a role to play if we are to be well, stay well, and protect our region from Covid-19. We all know what to do:
1. stay home if you’re unwell and get tested - Call Healthline if you have symptoms 0800 358 5453
2. sign into places using the NZ COVID Tracer app and enable Bluetooth to keep track of where you have been
3. practice good hygiene (includes washing your hands well and often, and coughing into your elbow)
4. regularly clean high touch surfaces
5. we still need to wear masks in public spaces, in retail stores, hospitals and aged care facilities, and on public transport.
6. get vaccinated - vaccination is available to anyone over 12 years old.
Where to get information
The Ministry of Health website and Covid-19 website are your best source of information, and they are updated daily. There is a Facebook page: @minhealthnz and Twitter channel @minhealthnz to alert people to key updates and messages specifically about coronavirus.