It has been developed to respond to some of the issues highlighted in a recent scoping project to identify priorities associated with alcohol-related harm in the region. With a focus on raising awareness about the laws around supplying alcohol to young people and promoting low risk drinking, the campaign will take a multi-channel approach to highlighting key messages and encouraging target audiences to respond in the desired way.
Key messages are aligned to the campaign's tag lines. Statistics from the 'What about you?' materials will be used alongside some of these messages.
- You're a parent, not a mate (for social supply resources).
- Play by the rules (for social supply resources).
- 9 out of 10 NZers didn't get drunk in the last month, what about you?
- Be a hero, drink zero.
- Party? You can have fun without getting drunk.
- Keep fuelled up for a great night out (used to promote serving/consuming food).
- I drive sober – what about you? (used to promote safe driving).
CAMPAIGN RESOURCES NOW AVAILABLE
The following resources are now available to support phase one of the campaign:
- Bottle tags
- Flags for events
- 'Where to get help' flier
- Media stories
If you are involved in community events where these resources would be useful, please contact Communications@wairarapa.dhb.org.nz
To find out more visit www.whataboutu.co.nz