Published Tuesday 4 Dec 2018
The Inquiry made 40 recommendations covering a wide range of areas, which include:
- Increasing access and choice to mental health and addiction services
- Transforming primary health care
- Increased support for the non-governmental organisation sector
- Greater focus on wellbeing, promotion and prevention across government
- Placing people at the centre of services
- Action on alcohol and other drugs by taking a health-focused approach
- Increasing focus on preventing suicide
- Reforming the Mental Health Act
- Establishing a new Mental Health and Wellbeing Commission.
The Minister has indicated the Government will respond to the Inquiry in March 2019.
For more information click HERE.