Published Friday 28 Dec 2018
Some of this year's special treats included:
- Lee Malneek Transport donated gifts for the children in hospital, and lunches for the staff working over the holiday period.
- More FM and Wellington Free Ambulance, in conjunction with Pukaha Mount Bruce, made a very special delivery of soft toy kiwis for children in hospital.
- TLC Appeal Ltd donated teddy bears for our young patients.
- Meg Wright came on Christmas day with lots of gifts, all beautifully wrapped. She handed them out to patients in MSW, AT+R and left some for PAEDS. She was young and had been in hospital a few times and wanted to pay back.
- Wairarapa Shoebox Christmas gave a large number of presents to the paeds ward and SCBU. These were donated by members of the community. Each shoebox contained brand new carefully chosen presents for a child. The SCBU boxes were personalised for premmie babies. They also donated boxes for mums on the ward over Christmas.
- The Lions Club also came in to visit on Christmas day and bought with them the Christmas Fairy and Father Christmas.
- The Neo Natal Trust, Paper Plus, Festival Hire and Wairarapa Women's Centre also gave a number of presents to the Paediatrics Ward.
The gifts in the photo were bought with the donation from Lee Malneek Transport.