ACCESS AND GUIDELINES
Whakaurutanga me ngā ture
Taku Wāhi provides Wairarapa Hospital accommodation for whānau/family and relatives supporting patients currently in our hospital. Priority is given to visitors from out-of-town.
All cases will be considered, so if you are seeking support with accommodation please enquire during working hours with main reception or after hours with ED reception.
Taku Wāhi provides open-style accommodation with a fully fitted kitchen, dining area, wheel chair access and a shared living area with television.
There are communal toilets and showers, with a laundry and 2 bathrooms.
There are six lockable bedrooms within Taku Wāhi, with 10 beds in total. There is one room with a double bed, one with a single bed and cot, two single rooms, and three twin rooms.
Limited parking is available from 5pm to 8am Monday to Friday. Day-time parking for visitors is available at the front of the hospital and is free-of-charge.
- one room key and one front door key will be provided per whānau/family group
- the Main Entrance and your allocated room must be kept locked at all times. The hospital cannot be responsible for any personal items that may go missing
- make sure you are aware of how many people are staying with your group and that you have an up-to-date list of their names. You should take this with you in the event of an emergency
- restrict visiting to two visitors per patient at night please
- night access to the hospital is through the Emergency Department only
- for public $10.00 per night per room
Any koha is greatly appreciated, and keeps our accommodation going. Thank you.
How to pay
Full payment can be made in cash, or by EFTPOS or Credit Card. Payment can be made at the Main Reception Desk at the Hospital, preferably in advance. Keys must be returned to the Main Reception Desk at the hospital before you leave.
Bookings and check-in
- accommodation can be booked on the day or in advance
- pre-bookings can be made by calling Main Reception (06) 946 9800 (or if you are in the hospital, dial (0)
- during normal working hours (7am– 8pm) please book and pay at the Main Reception
- weekends and after hours please enquire at the Emergency Department Reception
- after hours and weekends please contact Reception (Dial 0) should you have any problems
- Taku Wāhi house rules
- young people under the age of 14 are to be supervised all times
- animals, alcoholic liquor, drugs and smoking are banned – no exceptions
A breach of these conditions will result in you being asked to vacate the premises immediately.
- you are to familiarise yourselves with the fire safety rules and evacuation instructions displayed in the accommodation
- there may be occasions when you may have to share the premises with another whānau/family.If this should occur, users must have respect for other people using the accommodation and their personal belongings
- please avoid eating and drinking in the sleeping areas
- report all breakages and any repairs or maintenance required to the Main Reception
- the telephone has a toll bar; please ensure that it is out of the range of small children
- the accommodation is to be kept clean and tidy at all times. Daily household tasks are your responsibility
- space is limited in Taku Wāhi.A maximum number of 10 people may stay at any one time
- if more are present, whānau/family may be asked to voluntarily reduce their numbers
- no equipment or kitchen utensils etc. are to be removed from the accommodation
- before leaving, always ensure all public areas are clean and tidy, all dishes are washed and put away and no personal items are left in communal areas
The Hospital takes no responsibility for personal property that is damaged or lost
- please leave Taku Wāhi clean and tidy
- strip all linen off the beds and place in the linen bag in the washhouse
- return any mattresses to the cupboard
- clean the microwave and oven if you have used them
- wipe down all whiteware
- wash dishes
- clean toilets
- empty all household rubbish bins
- return keys to Main Reception
- please check out by 12pm (midday) on day of departure