What about you? is a campaign to promote low risk drinking and address issues associated with alcohol-related harm in the Wairarapa.
The campaign was developed following research into alcohol-related issues and priority areas in the region. You can download a copy of the research report here.
The study highlighted:
- the need for more alcohol-related information and education in the local community
- opportunities for greater collaboration on alcohol-related issues between agencies in the region
- the importance of raising awareness about the alcohol support services that are available locally and how to access these.
A number of organisations and agencies are involved in the campaign including:
- Wairarapa DHB
- Regional Public Health
- Tū Ora Compass Health
- Masterton District Council
- Carterton District Council
- South Wairarapa District Council
- Trust House
- Wairarapa Road Safety Council
- Wairarapa Safer Community Trust
- Students Against Drunk Driving (SADD)
- Te Hauora Runanga o Wairarapa
- Sport Wellington Wairarapa
The campaign has been designed so it can be used by other groups and organisations that are keen to be involved in developing a region that has a safe, low risk drinking culture.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more, including how you or your organisation could be involved.