What about you? is a campaign to promote low risk drinking, low drug use and mental wellbeing in the Wairarapa.
The campaign initially was developed following research into alcohol-related issues and priority areas in the region. You can download a copy of the research report here
The study highlighted:
- the need for more alcohol-related information and education in the local community
- opportunities for greater collaboration on alcohol-related issues between agencies in the region
- the importance of raising awareness about the alcohol support services that are available locally and how to access these.
The campaign has broadened over time to include activities related to drug use and mental wellbeing.
What about you? campaign network
A number of organisations and agencies are involved in the campaign including:
- Wairarapa DHB
- Regional Public Health
- Tū Ora Compass Health
- Masterton District Council
- Carterton District Council
- South Wairarapa District Council
- Trust House
- Wairarapa Road Safety Council
- Wairarapa Safer Community Trust
- Students Against Dangerous Driving (SADD)
- Rangitāne o Wairarapa
- Te Hauora Runanga o Wairarapa
- Nuku Ora
- Yellow Brick Road
- Secondary schools
- Wairarapa Bush Rugby Union
- Kahungunu ki Wairarapa
- Wairarapa Cricket
- Pasifika o Wairarapa Trust
- Netball Wairarapa
The campaign has been designed so it can be used by other groups and organisations that are keen to be involved in developing a region that has a low risk drinking, low drug use and positive wellbeing culture.
Email email@example.com to find out more, including how you or your organisation could be involved.