If you’re concerned about your drinking or worried about someone you know, there’s lots of support available to help you cut down or stop.
Signs you might need help
Here are some signs that you (or someone you know) may need help with your drinking:
- Drinking too much.
- Lying about your drinking or hiding alcohol.
- Being less social than usual.
- Health issues that could be caused by drinking.
- Not keeping on top of tasks or responsibilities at home, work or school.
- Past attempts to stop drinking haven’t worked.
- Relationship issues or arguments about your drinking.
- Mood swings (often linked to alcohol use).
- Losing interest in activities or hobbies you once found enjoyable.
Local support to help you cut down or stop
|Medical centre:||Talk to your doctor or practice nurse.|
Addiction, mental health and wellness services
Phone 06 370 6102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Te Hauora Runanga:||Addiction and whanau support services.|
Phone 0800 666 744 or email email@example.com
Alcohol & Drug Helpline:Phone 0800 787 797 or visit www.alcoholdrughelp.org.nz
If you’ve made the change to stop or cut down
Check here for some tips for staying on track.