Tips for staying on track
Well done on making the change to cut down or stop drinking or using drugs.
Here are some tips to help you stay on track:
- Know your triggers for drinking or drug use and what you can do instead.
- Avoid having alcohol or drugs in the house – so you’re not tempted.
- Have your ‘no thanks’ prepared for when you’re offered a drink or drugs.
- Find some non-alcoholic beverages you enjoy to drink.
- Ask your friends and family to support you.
- Join a gym, start a hobby or do some study to give you a new focus.
- Avoid situations or people that may cause you to drink or use drugs.
- Be kind to yourself and celebrate your progress.
Making any life change can be challenging at times. Remember to ask for support if you need it.