Wellbeing support | What About You?

Wellbeing support

Need to talk?If you’re feeling stressed, anxious, a little out of your depth, or you’re struggling with drug or alcohol use, there are some great services you can contact.

Need help now?

If you or someone you know needs urgent help, call MHAIDS 24/7 on 0800 745 477 or find other options for support here.

Talk to your doctor

Your family doctor or practice nurse is a good place to go for concerns or questions about your health and wellbeing. They can refer you on to counselling or other services if required.

1737 – free call or text anytime

If you’re feeling down, a bit overwhelmed or you just need someone to talk to, you can free call or text 1737 at any time.

Calls are answered by trained counsellors who can provide advice and referrals to other services if needed. For more details go to www.1737.org.nz.

Worried about a mates headspace?Piki

Piki supports and empowers young adults (aged 18-25 years) towards better health and wellbeing. You can self-refer for this free service via the Piki website.

Piki offers:

  • access to counselling at a convenient time and place
  • an emotional wellness app that helps you to access support and track your progress
  • links to 24/7 support through phone and web services
  • trained peer support coaches.

Other support services

Depression helpline:0800 111 757
Lifeline:0800 543 354
Youthline:0800 376 633
Pasifika helpline:0800 652 535
East Coast Rural Support Trust:0800 787 254
Yellow Brick Road:06 377 3081
Gambling helpline:0800 654 655

Online support:

Details about other support services are available here.