Published Thursday 25 Feb 2021
Check in at health.govt.nz and covid19.govt.nz for all your up to date Covid-19 guidance.
Protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
Whether you are at home or at work, please protect yourself and others. You can do this by:
- practicing good hand hygiene — washing hands regularly with soap and water, or cleansing with hand sanitiser
- scanning QR codes
- turning on Bluetooth Tracing in the NZ COVID Tracer app
- coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow and then performing hand hygiene
- staying at home if you are sick.
Use of face masks or coverings across New Zealand
At Alert Level 1 you are now legally required to wear a face mask or covering on:
- all public transport;
- domestic flights throughout New Zealand;
- long-distance bus and train journeys;
- ferries (except for the larger Cook Strait ferries) and
- by taxi and ride-share drivers — while it’s not compulsory for passengers to wear them, we strongly encourage you to.
Thank you, Wairarapa for your support in keeping us Covid-19 free.